Toenail fungal infections cause several concerns. Obviously, the discomfort and sometimes shame suffered by the individual with the infection is a huge concern. What about the people close to someone who has the infection? Should they be worried about getting it too? There are many things said about fungal infections. Take a minute or two to know experts’ answer to: Is toenail fungus contagious?
According to Mayo Clinic, anyone can get toenail fungus regardless of their age. However, older adults are the most affected. As nails get older, they become drier and more brittle, which results into cracks that allow fungal organisms to enter. A weakened immune system and reduced blood circulation also play a role in the development of toenail fungal infections.
WebMD’s answer to “Is toenail fungus contagious?”
Studies show that foot infections including athlete’s foot and toenail fungus can and do spread among people sharing close quarters. In one study, researchers used high-tech molecular biology techniques to trace the spread of dermatophytes (the fungus that causes most toenail fungal infections) within families.
WebMD states that this study provided significant evidence to answer the question “Is toenail fungus contagious?” and caution toenail fungal infections patients about the risk of spreading it to other family members. Moreover, WebMD advises that treating toenail fungus after its diagnosis is the best way to avoid this spread.
Patelpodiatry.com proposes the following actions to reduce the risk of toenail fungus transmission:
- Don’t share socks and shoes. Generally, avoiding sharing clothing is a good idea. It’s even more important to be selfish with your footwear.
- Don’t reuse or share towels. Dermatophytes can live in damp fabric. Thus, a shared towel can become the medium for transmission of toenail fungus. Healthy people must separate their towels and clothings from that of fungus sufferer.
- Dry the feet thoroughly after your shower.
- Disinfect foot care tools before every use, or avoid sharing at all.
- Avoid stepping into shower floors bare footed. Fungi can stick on the shower surfaces.
- Apply antifungal sprays or powders to the inside of shoes.
- Keep your feet well aerated by wearing breathable shoes.
Evidently, the answer to the “Is toenail fungus contagious?” question is a resounding YES.
If toenail fungus has already caught up with you, don’t panic. KeraVita Pro can help you to get rid of the infection in a matter of weeks.
What’s KeraVita Pro?
KeraVita Pro is a highly-effective natural anti-fungal supplement that treats fungal infections and improves the body’s defenses to prevent future infections. The formula combines 26 powerful ingredients that work seamlessly to make the supplement the most effective fungus eliminator.
Benefits of using KeraVita Pro
- It’s quick to absorb into the body; thus, it flushes out fungus and toxins quickly
- No harmful chemicals in the formula; therefore, no side effects
- Improved skin health
- Improved body immunity
- Reduced foul feet smell immediately you start using the supplement
- Diabetic people can use it in consultation with their doctor.
- 100% money-back guarantee
Does the health and look of your feet put you down? It’s possible to treat toenail fungus completely and forget about the annoying itching and nasty smell with KeraVita Pro.
Order your package today and begin your journey back to healthy and happy feet that you can proudly show off.